Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22, 2009 Sunday New Six

Today was such a warm, sunny day that I decided to go for a walk around the yard. I use the term "yard" loosely since we have 15 acres. It was really hard to pick just six pictures to use, but hopefully you'll get a sense of what our yard is like.
I came out the back door and took this shot from the top of the steps and looking left--our backyard.
I turned right from the back steps and went to the pond below my dad's house.

I walked up the hill from the pond to Dad's house, took pictures of his apple orchard, then made my way across this field (along the roadside fenceline) and took this picture looking back at his house from the top of our driveway.
I walked down the driveway, detoured toward the same pond to take pictures of a blooming peach tree and then took this picture of the front yard and the house.
Then I cut across the front yard (toward the left), passed through our fruit orchard (peach, plum, apple, walnut) and went to the other pond. A large tree has fallen across it--if we can figure out how, we'll cut it up for firewood.
I came back up the hill from the second pond and took this picture of our orchard. The line of daffodils is lining our driveway. I circled around to the left of this view and took pictures of our garden (not planted yet) and shed--then returned to the house. Maybe next week I'll revisit some of the places I had to leave out of this week's tour.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you live in a very pretty, rural area! I'd love to live with fields and gardens like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. peaceful and pretty spot Nan! I'm still envious of the porch swing! *grin*

    ReplyDelete